Saturday, June 18, 2016

Greens

     At the moment our greens are in great shape. Weather has been hot and humid.  That is a combination that can turn good greens to poor greens real quick.  As I was changing cups this morning  I had a chance to examine our root system.  We have roots coming out of the bottom of the plug on a number of greens.  This is a really good sign.  6 to 7 inch roots going into summer is amazing.   The deeper the roots are the more area they have to pull water and nutrients out of the soil profile.  The stronger the plant is the better it can fight off stress.  Below is picture of one of the plugs I pull out.  You can see the roots coming out the bottom.  If you look closely you can see a big hunk of roots on the left side of the picture.  Seeing this has made my day.  Dan and I have been putting in a lot of hours the past couple of weeks taking care of the Greens.  This makes it worth it. 


# 14 green

No comments:

Post a Comment